Dear friends of Eagle Hill Animal Hospital: the health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff is our top priority. That’s why we’re doing our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet. We are also continuing to provide food, goods to improve the convenience of our services and connect vets and clients through the use of iPads.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: To book an appointment, please make a request through the PetDesk app. Alternatively, you can call (604)804-0000 or send us an email to email@example.com with the Subject line “Appointment Request”. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments unless it is an emergency.
- TELEMEDICINE: We can help answer your questions over the phone or via video chat from puppy and kitten advice to behavioural and dietary consults to end of life discussions. We can also assist with determining the urgency of a situation and deciding whether your pet requires immediate care or alternatively, provide some management suggestions for home care. To book a virtual or phone appointment/consult please click here.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at (604)804-0000.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: (604)804-0000. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet and provide you with an iPad so you can participate in your pet’s appointment.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- VIDEO CONFERENCING: Our practice will now be providing complimentary iPads for video conferences during the appointment. You will therefore be able to see your loved one, discuss concerns and symptoms, and ask the veterinarian questions throughout your appointment.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given to you or discussed via the video conference. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone or outside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food are recommended to be ordered online at myvetstore.ca.